You have heard about Cloud Hosting and you have heard about VPS Hosting but do you know the difference between the two? There is some confusion on this topic, probably because of the lack of knowledge about the technical features of these two types of hosting.
For the uninitiated, both the technologies are powered by the same basic concept. What separates the two are factors such as availability, flexibility, and reliability.
Let’s First Look At What VPS Hosting Is All About?
VPS or Virtual Private Server Hosting are driven by servers that have been developed using a virtualization mechanism. The architecture of VPS hosting has numerous individual servers created from a large physical server with each server slot having a set of finite resources.
A key advantage of using VPS hosting is that your server operates in an isolated environment. If one website goes down, it will not affect the functioning or application of your website or any others on the system. However, VPS system is generally viewed with a hint of suspicion as there is an element of vulnerability associated with it. Its popularity can be attributed to the fact that the benefits far outweigh the downsides.
Benefits of VPS Hosting
- VPS hosting means freedom to manage the server the way you want.
- You can access anything and load the software you want.
- The system is very efficient and secure.
- You can enjoy the use of reserved resources
- Any problem faced by other websites on the system will not interfere with your website performance
Now Let Us Analyze Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting is one of the best hosting solutions available and clearly a big favorite of organizations. Cloud technology has found ready acceptance. It also offers high accessibility which is another major plus point of the technology. Reliability is also a key benefit of using cloud hosting as it allows allocation of resources equally on all the servers in the cluster. This feature ensures that the hosting system will be up and running even when one of the machines goes down.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting
- Cloud hosting is reliable as the website is hosted on a virtual partition supported by numerous physical networks.
- Cloud hosting is secured by many physical servers that run independently of others
- It offers high flexibility and scalability.
- Resources can be accessed as needed and in real time
- As you pay only for the resources used, it is a highly affordable option
In terms of efficiency, VPS hosting ranks a bit lower as you get access to limited and fixed resources. If you need to draw more resources, the system which is not designed for such requirements might crash. A server malfunction might also result in the same consequences.
Cloud hosting has greater efficiency as the website is hosted on resources that are drawn from various servers to form a pool. If one server on the system reaches the optimum level, the other reaching its optimum level or goes down due to some technical reasons, then a second server is ready to take over.
Cloud is your best option for high functionality and reliability. It is also getting affordable. If you just want to go online with a website, VPS can serve your needs.